newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hurty Knee

I have a hurty knee. My left knee is a bit cranky, still, but on the whole it's probably as good as it's going to get. My right knee, however, has been mildly achy for weeks.

About 4 weeks ago, I ran around the field to enact situational plays for my son's little league team. No problem. But I had so much fun that I did it again a week later. This time my knee swole up and was almost unbendable. I knew that I'd overdone it, but I was hoping the swelling would subside quickly. Eventually I made and appointment with my knee man, and he agreed that there wasn't much he could do. I seem to have a case of 'old knee.'

I figured maybe some of the problem stemmed not from too much uni'ing but from too little. After all, since I started driving into NYC last year, I've gotten almost no exercise. But my recent riding has only made things worse. I'll keep up with it for a bit longer, but I may have to start thinking about things to strengthen my knee even more gently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter