newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Health Update, Oct 09

My tendinitises (tendinites?) are gone: my elbow is fine, my ankle is fine. Gone for good? I guess that depends on how hard I push myself, but I've been fine for a year, and my 80-mile ride in September didn't cause any problems whatsoever.

My left knee is still out of kilter, but at least it's been pain-free for a long time. It's probably simply settled into a comfortable groove that's not quite what it used to be but isn't going to cause any new problems for a long time. I'm fine with it. When I go for long rides, I wear a soft, hinged knee brace with a cutout for the kneecap.

I've ridden around the Central Park bike loop a few times since the Century ride -- no problems. So I'm excited to keep at it. In the next few weeks (before the ice and snow ruin things for a few months), I'll be riding around the loop a few times a week.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger PRB said...

Hi there! Congratulations on your ride. I found your blog and thought that you might be interested in my unicycle related artwork.
I'm a new unicyclist (about three months now) and totally in love with it, though I need to get a bigger uni for sure (I'm riding a 24 incher right now).
Check out the pottery at www.bondpottery.etsy.com (click on the clown skeleton, the other side of the cup is a uni) or at http://frijoles265.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-work-for-sale.html (scroll down).
Thanks for looking, and keep up with the riding and posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter