newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Friday, May 01, 2009

Getting back in the saddle

I finally had a chance to go for a lengthy ride this afternoon. I forgot to bring a trip meter of any sort, but I estimated the the loop around Central Park (6.2 miles) took 26 minutes. This isn't a great time (averaging just under 15 mph), but it's not bad for my first lengthy ride in months.

My knee is still really clicky, but it rarely hurts. I happened to jog about a half-mile yesterday in Doc Marten shoes on my way to seeing West Side Story with my mom, and that felt a bit uncomfy at the time. Whlie sitting in the theater, I noticed that I didn't have the leg strength to tap along with the music. Man, I'm out of shape!

So being able to ride around the park at a decent clip was all the more of a relief, considering.

I'll have to get back to riding now that the weather has improved.

I also have an appointment with the doctor this Tuesday. Maybe I'll finally get that MRI.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Averaging 15 mph after a long break and with a bad knee? Man, I've got to be doing something wrong. I max out at around 15 and average around 8.5 on a 36 with 125s. - As an aside, please accept my belated salute for your RTL effort !

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Dave L (a.k.a. D5) said...

You jogged a half mile on your way to see West Side Story -with- -your- -mom- and you say you are out of shape. Well, it sounds like your mom is in GREAT shape if she kept up with you! Ask her how she does it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter