newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Friday, September 12, 2008

Tennis Elbow from Unicycling

It was bad enough to get tendinitis in my left ankle/shin from the Lobster. That went away after a few weeks. Then I started feeling tingling and getting occasional numbness in my left arm, esp'ly around my elbow. The doctor's verdict: Tennis Elbow.

Am I the only person ever to get tennis elbow from unicycling?

Apparently this came about from my use of the Wyganofsky extension on my guni. I happen to find the extension comfortable and indispensable, but from riding for a total of about 15 hours in 5 days, I guess I put a lot of strain on that left elbow, not to mention the riding that went into the training ahead of time. The 85% century that I rode this past Sunday didn't help much either.

So I'm supposed to wear a sling and take anti-inflammatories (super-ibu) until it goes away on its own. And I'm not supposed to unicycle. Well, at least not with the extension. Bummer for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter