newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Seeing the World thru Muni-Tinted Glasses

We closed on the house last week, but before we had signed any papers, we drove to the house for a 'walk-through.'

The previous owners were landscapers, so they had no trouble putting five big boulders together near one of the entrances of the house and surrounding the rocks with plants. Shirra was happy when she saw that we have a pretty garden just steps from the house. My view of things was different. I saw a bunch of lovely obstacles surrounded by some flowers that I'll have to be careful not to land on. Shirra saw the flowers, and I saw the rocks.

I haven't hopped on too many rocks, but I can recognize a good 'line' when I see it. These rocks start off nicely with a little step-like place that will be easy to hop onto. From there, it's a short jump up to the top of that boulder. The remaining rocks are close enough to either ride or hop to, tho hopping seems the better option. It all ends in a two-foot drop back to the soft ground.

Now that we finally own the house (and property), we're here in Martha's Vineyard for two weeks. We won't spend our first night in New Paltz until late August. I'm happy to be on vacation, but I can't wait till we get back home so that I can play with my new toy. I'm really glad that I have a mountain unicycle and that I have a lot of places to use it. I can't believe I left it in New Paltz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter