newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Unicycle STOLEN!!! (4 Years Ago)

I wrote this back on 8/15/01:

* * * * * * * * * *

Well, after 21 years of unicycling in NYC, it finally happened -- I had a unicycle stolen. Of course, my first reaction was like that of most people: who would want to steal something you can't use that sticks out like a sore thumb?

I have always left unicycles outside stores (when necessary), but this was even weirder bc I left it in the entrance to my new apartment building here in Park Slope, Brooklyn. 7th Avenue is a lot of things, but it's not known for lots of crime. When I went to take it for a spin some minutes later, it was gone.

Luckily it was 'only' a Torker, so it's not much of a financial hardship, but I'll have to think twice about leaving unis outside in future.

Anyone in the NYC area who spots a 20" Torker with a blue Schwinn seat, just let me know!

* * * * * * * * * *

Note: The unicycle was never recovered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter