newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Friday, June 23, 2006

Guni Kaput Redux

Apparently I'm the first person to have the new hub break. The 1st generation hub had a defect that was corrected in the 2nd generation, but the problem that was fixed (accidental gear slippage) was only slightly better than the problem created by the fix (a hub stuck in high gear). OK, true, I'd rather have a fixed gear that allows me to travel fast rather than a usable gear that occasionally (and disastrously) disengages, but for $1300, I'm supposed to have the best of both worlds. Happily, I'll be exchanging my broken hub at the upcoming uni convention, but it means that I have to take apart my uni and then put it together again with the new hub. Ah well. That's what I get for being at the cutting edge of technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter