newyorkunicycleblog

The Cycle of Life

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Year with Cokey

4/12/02

Here are some highs and lows in the approximately one year I've had my Coker.

Lows (and almost lows):
* some scary UPDs, one at 15mph, another where I landed on and broke the screen on my PDA (tho it saved my lower back)
* the pepper spray incident
* nearly smashed into those idiots with the Xmas tree
* recently landed on the bike of some moron delivering pizza and got a nice gash on my shin
* scary moments where I nearly got hit by cars
* almost got a summons for riding thru a red light in front of the police van

Highs
* pulled over by a cop car by a cop who wanted info and later joined our club!
* Rode for miles alongside my brother, various bike paths. Those are always special moments.
* Bike NY -- over 50 miles that day, followed by a few hours of hanging out with my club members (and more riding, but not much more)
* Unithon III -- rode 28+ miles that day and met some really nice people
* Century Ride -- completed 80 miles in about 8 hours (incuding breaks).
* Won the (Coker) Marathon ride at the convention
* Got into much better cardiovascular shape as a result of riding over 200 miles a month (sometimes 400 miles a month). I have ridden over 2,000 so far.
* Riding to work (now 26 miles a day) is SO MUCH nicer than having to take the train, and takes about as long (the 13 miles home take just over an hour). Also saves money -- for more unicycles!
* I have met lots of nice bikers and even a few unicyclists, some of whom have joined the club
* I MET TOM PENNELL, the WELCOME BACK KOTTER GUY!!!

I think that riding with my brother and meeting Tom really clinched it:
It's been a great year. And thanks to everyone in the usenet group and in my club for all the support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter